Detroit Chassis has been approved by the City of Detroit to participate in FREE COVID-19 testing at the drive thru facility at the Michigan State Fairgrounds located at the Dumars’ Field House near Woodward Avenue and 8 Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan. Participants should follow the instructions below for scheduling and enter the Fairgrounds at the State Fair side street entrance.
ONLY Detroit Chassis Associates should call 313-230-0505 and give the authorization code that was sent to you. There is a brief wait time of about 10 minutes, so be patient.
• Associates will be given a time and date to report for testing.
• Only associates with NO SYMPTOMS will be accepted.
It is proven that Social Distancing and PPE use restrict the spread of COVID-19, identifying these areas and immediate action will help us stay SAFE in the work place.
Currently we have 6 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus at Detroit Chassis Detroit, 1 Union and 5 Non-Union. Associates are continuing to improve. We are seeing a positive downward trend in the virus infection rate in the community and we are hopeful that we are turning the corner.
We will continue to monitor the progress of our DCP Associates and their family members in these uncertain times. We are all in this together!
Levels & PPE
- Level 1 – Tool move feasible, low cost & quick lead time
- Level 2 – Tool move possible, cost required & longer lead time
- Level 3 – Tool move not feasible, institute required PPE
- Safety glasses and Dust or Surgical mask – required at all stations
- Gloves – required at all stations
- Face shield – required at Level 3 when 6’ can’t be maintained
Thanks to our maintenance and facilities team members for completing additional improvements for our safety!! Take a look at what they have done to prepare us for returning to work!